Saturday, August 7, 2010

All in one day...



The day started with breakfast at the e-club (that´s what the hotels club is called) we then decided to take it easy by the rooftop pool for a while....
I have had issues with my ear and eyes on this trip, so the first thing I did when coming to Hong Kong I got the adress to a clinic to look at my ears, when I got there I found out it was a clinic only practicing Chinese medicine, so the doctor told me that everything would be well with some acupuncture and since I´ve never done that I said ok let´s try it...Needless (Hahaha) to say I got the "treatment" and it worked as long as I had the needles in me, that would be I didn´t feel the pain in my ear, but I felt the pain of the needles instead, when taking them away the pain came back... After this experience I tried the Queen Elisabeth hospital and waited in about 3 hours to see the doctor, got some medicine and went home... the pills didn´t work and when i told my friends they said I had to go to a "real" clinic because the hospital was no good.....





So we went to see a real ear doctor, who looked in the ear and told me that she needed to make a cut in the ear-membrane and give me some more pills....but I had to wait for an hour before the anaesthetic would work, so we were in luck our favorite restaurant was in the same building...T.G.I Friday´s... so some baby back ribs and then up to the aclinict to get a cut from the doctor and then we were on the go to Hong Kong Island...




Star Ferry is the way to go to HK Island...





Beautiful view of the conference and fair center...




Landing on Central, I realized we should have gone to Wan Chai, so we started walking, it was about 38 Celcius and we really didn´t think it was as far as it was...




Turn your head around a little bit and you see some of the great tall buildings....



Impressive....




This wall was in a shoppingmall we went through, cool on sight....




So after a long walk we ended up taking the taxi to the escalators (they go up the mountain through a resident and restaurant area with cuban, mexican, spanish and russian/ukraine food to the apartments upside HK Island).





And Irish of course....




Cuban cigars as well....





We had our aim set on the Italian restaurant Fat Angelo´s...really a good place with good food (a lot of it) and fair prices....the funny thing about Fat Angelo´s is that it´s not really an Italian behind it it´s a chinese guy who thought it sounded good and Italian....





Tha last evening in HK and we really wanted to stayed longer....

1 comment:

  1. Hello from the north of Sweden. You look great all of you. We miss you. What a "globertrotter" you are! Lots of love from Ekholm

    ReplyDelete